Sunday, May 10, 2009

Comment on Emily Kaplan's Blog About Numbers

I can't post this comment on Emily Kaplan's blog, but I wanted to share it so Emily if you get this it is in response to your post about numbers and what they symbolize. Here is the link to Emily's blog. The post I'm responding to is Symbolic Numbers on May 3. http://emilyskblog.blogspot.com/

I would agree with you that it is very interesting to see how the different religions interpret the same symbol differently. I'd also agree with you that religion is all about interpretation. I feel a bit like a broken record saying this but no two people find the exact same thing in religion. There can be no true religion because everyone's is different. Augustine acknowledges the interpretive difference when he says how wonderful it is the bible can be understood/interpreted in so many different ways. However Augustine would disagree with me when I say there can be no true religion because he claims that eventually everyone will end up in the same place, loving God and loving your neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment